Gluten-Free – Spinach, Banana And Macadamia Nut Milk Smoothie
Recharge your smoothie game this Fall with two nutty highlights – Macadamia Nut Milk and Almond Butter.
Fresh baby spinach, sliced Fuji apple, and a bit of honey are the base of my favorite breakfast smoothie. The sweetness of a Fuji apple and touch of honey balances the green flavor of the spinach.
Over the summer, I paired these ingredients with coconut milk for a light and refreshing start to the day. As the seasons change, I now pair this breakfast smoothie with Royal Hawaiian Orchards Macadamia Nut Milk and almond butter for a thicker, creamier, nuttier texture and flavor. The banana? Well, that’s just for fun.
Macadamia Nut Milk is a delicious, gluten-free, and dairy-free alternative to dairy milk. Nutty, creamy, and buttery in texture and flavor, it’s a tasty addition to smoothies (as well as coffee, tea, cereal, and oatmeal).
There is an art to layering ingredients in the blender to make the process easier and more efficient. Start with the liquid at the base, followed by softer ingredients – spinach and banana – with the harder fruit very last.
1-2 tablespoons flax seed or chia seeds stirred in at the very end is a delicious way to add in more fiber and health benefits to your breakfast.
No spinach? Add chopped kale instead. No honey? Swap it out for agave. No almond butter? Add peanut butter. You can tweak, substitute, and omit as needed to make the smoothie your own.
Enjoy the smoothie immediately, or store it in a thermos and enjoy when you arrive at work.
- 2 cups Royal Hawaiian Orchards Macadamia Nut Milk
- 1/4 cup
- almond butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 Fuiji apple, cored and seeds removed
- 1-2 tbsp flax seed or chia seeds
- Add the Royal Hawaiian Orchards Macadamia Nut Milk, honey, and almond butter to the bottom of a blender. Pulse a few times to combine.
- Add the spinach on top of the liquid, followed by the banana slices and cored, sliced, and seeded Fuji apple. Pulse a few times to begin breaking up the ingredients. Increase speed to high to combine and liquefy the ingredients.
- Stir in the flax seed or chia seeds until well combined.
- Pour smoothie into two glasses. Enjoy immediately.
Reminder: Always make sure your work surfaces, utensils, pans and tools are free of gluten. Always read product labels – not all brands are created equal. Manufacturers can change product formulations without notice. When in doubt, do not buy or use a product before contacting the manufacturer for verification that the product is free of gluten.
You may be interested
Do You Drool When You Sleep? You Are Very Lucky Then And We Will Explain WhyChristina - Jan 14, 2018
Do You Drool When You Sleep? You Are Very Lucky Then And We Will Explain Why. Sleeping is a fundamental…
All women should know these 15 tricks with baking sodaChristina - Jan 10, 2018
While it is true, people knew about useful properties of baking soda from the times of Ancient Egypt. Now we…